A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Playing guitar helps you play Guitar Fretter but it's not required!
Guitar Fretter is an action puzzle game and playful practice tool for guitarists of all kinds.
Mysterious creatures show up ready to take your energy if you miss a match.
Match the notes, score health and points. Find note patterns and hints. Along the way learn patterns of notes on the guitar fretboard.
Characters you'll meet in Guitar Fretter
Pick is a penguin and practicing guitarist.
Crunchy the guitar is an old friend of Pick's family now helping Pick learn to be a confident musician.
Mysterious portal creatures arrive from an unknown place and a curious agenda. They cause trouble and challenges. And maybe there's more to them.
- Action puzzle game: match the notes to get past each level
- 4 types of guitars: 6 and 7 string electric, 4 and 6 string bass.
- Lefty flip: rotate any guitar 180 degrees. NEW feature for Guitar Fretter 2.0!
- Ninja mode: hide all the hints during a regular game to get more points and test your memory. Or choose to start a full ninja mode game to remove hints fully and go for the extra challenge.
- Custom tuning: raise or lower each string's pitch to practice a new playing style.
- Characters Dialog: Built in bits of story, encouragement, and hints on the transition screens.
- Game save: Save your game in progress to continue later.
- Practice mode: play any guitar as an interactive chart of notes without the pressure of the mysterious portal creatures.
A useful guitar fretboard study tool
Tested and used by thousands of gamers, guitarists, and guitar instructors over 10 years, Guitar Fretter is known for being fun, helpful, and useful for practicing on the go.
Guitar Fretter is coded, drawn, written, animated, and music created by Rob Stenzinger.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.